Narrowboat Tacet

Silent Movement - Our gap year travelling the inland waterways



Sunday 18 November 2012

Frosty Morning

This morning was dawning sunny, cold with a wonderful frost. I wanted to be up and out for a walk along the river with Jumble and my camera.  Leaving Ian still tucked up in the warm,  I'm so glad I ventured out. 
You can follow my journey........
first breath of cold frosty air
scrunchy frozen leaves under foot
crossing the river
watching the mist rising
others were out early too
but no-one here, I shall have to walk further
across the playing fields, breathtaking!
are you keeping up?
don't forget to look behind sometimes
imagine the noise of the water over the weir
look up
and down
and all around
sunny sunflowers
past Hall's Croft, home of Shakespeare's daughter, Suzanna
and the alms houses behind the Guild Chapel
past the cottages owned by the RSC for actors' lodgings
back to Bancroft Gardens
what a lovely way to start the day



No comments:

Post a Comment